Founded in 1886, GAF has become North America’s largest manufacturer of commercial and residential roofing (Source: Fredonia Group study). Our success in growing the company to nearly $3 billion in sales has been a result of our relentless pursuit of quality, combined with industry-leading expertise and comprehensive roofing solutions.
When you are looking to protect the things you treasure most, here are just some of the reasons why we believe you should choose GAF:
Whether it’s for residential or commercial roofing applications, professional installers have long preferred the rugged, dependable performance that only a GAF roof can offer.
Partial List of Shingle Awards:
- Timberline® Shingles with Advanced Protection® Shingle Technology are the #1 selling shingle brand in North America
- Rated #1 in shingle quality by home builders in 9 out of the last 11 years
- Winner of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016 Women’s Choice Award, with 9 out of 10 female customers highly recommending GAF to others
- Multiple winner of the Builder’s Choice Award
- Winner of the Innovation Award for Asphalt Roofing Shingles in both Home Builder Executive and Home Improvement Executive in 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014
Partial List of Commercial Roofing Awards:
- EverGuard® Freedom™ TPO self-adhering roofing systems chosen “Product Of The Year” by Commercial Building Products magazine
- EverGuard® TPO awarded Certificate of Material Excellence in the Polymers category from Material ConneXion®
- Winner of Innovative Product Award for EverGuard® Extreme™ TPO from Architectural Products magazine
- Our EverGuard Extreme® high-performance TPO is formulated for the most extreme applications (including solar), and was recognized with a Product Innovation Award from Architectural Products magazine
Expertise You Can Count On
We've been at this for 130 years. Why turn to anyone else to protect your most valuable asset?
- Manufacturing locations across North America to serve you better
- CARE installation training program that has provided education to nearly 200,000 industry professionals
- Regularly sought out to appear in leading home and garden publications and on home improvement networks such as HGTV
Solutions Made Simple
Getting a new roof shouldn’t be an exercise in pain and frustration. So we’ve made it easy!
- Our GAF Lifetime Roofing System (for residential roofs) includes everything you need to provide reliable, watertight protection for your home
- Our Well Roof™ Guarantee Extension (for commercial properties) through a Certified Maintenance Professional (CMP) extends a low-slope roof guarantee by up to 25% for free, as long as regular maintenance is performed (see the Well Roof™ Guarantee Extension for complete requirements); and our All-American Pledge™ Guarantee is the first NDL guarantee that covers both low-and steep-slope roofs on a single property
- Our factory-certified contractors—more than 7,000 strong nationwide eliminate the risk that your roof will be installed by some fly-by-night contractor
- Our industry-leading warranties — backed by North America’s largest roofing manufacturer — will provide you with the peace of mind you deserve
The bottom line is: More property owners choose GAF for their roofing project — why trust your most valuable asset to anyone else?
Other (Non-Roofing) Products:
Non-Woven Products (US Only)
In 1978, GAF of Texas began production of fiberglass nonwovens in our Ennis, Texas, facility. While Ultra-Mat® was originally developed for the roofing industry, GAF expanded its capabilities to include development and sales of both fiberglass and polyester mat for a variety of non-roofing markets. Today, GAF enjoys a solid presence and leadership position in the development and production of polyester nonwoven products, wet-laid industrial fiberglass products, and products with blends of fibers. The development of proprietary coating compounds in our Technology Center served as the foundation to invest in production capability and capacity for a coating process line in 2000.
GAF Performance Nonwoven Fabrics include roll goods using fiberglass, polyester, and other blended fibers in a wet-laid process. GAF nonwovens are used in industrial applications including building materials, flooring, filtration, composite, reinforced plastics, landscaping, and other fabric markets.
GAF has two production lines both utilizing a wet-laid process. GAF also operates a coating line designed to single-side or double-side coat a variety of fabrics. Proprietary coatings are developed to meet specific customer needs and requirements.
GAF produces nonwoven materials from 0.8 oz/square yard to 5 oz/square yard at thicknesses ranging from 10 mils to 40 mils. Roll widths range from 30" to 160", and roll diameters are possible up to 7 feet. Coatings can be added to a nonwoven fabric, typically from 3 oz/square yard to 29 oz/square yard.
The path forward for GAF Performance Nonwoven Fabrics will focus on new fabrics designed to meet current and evolving customer requirements that demand attributes best achieved in blends of base fibers or coatings applied to fabrics. We have excellent working relationships with our suppliers, ensuring superior performance and consistency every time. Broad development and in-house testing capabilities include an on-site Research and Development Team, located in our state-of- the-art Research Center adjacent to the GAF nonwoven facilities.
Ornamental Iron and Ductwork (Available in the U.S. Only)
LL Building Products, part of GAF, began in 1938 with the founding of Leslie Welding Company in Chicago, Illinois, as a small specialty welding company also involved in making miscellaneous metal ventilation products.
Locke Manufacturing was founded in the 1950s as a producer of ornamental iron railing and columns, and quickly became a leader in this industry, with the majority of their sales through retailers and distributors.
In 1967 Locke Manufacturing was acquired, merging with Leslie Building Products Company, and Leslie Locke was formed to manufacture door accessories, ductwork, ventilation. and ornamental iron products. In 1998, GAF purchased Leslie Locke Building Products, forming a new division called LL Building Products Inc. LL Building Products still manufactures the same high -quality products. The products offered by LL Building Products are marketed under the MasterFlow® and Village Ironsmith™ brands.
The parent company, GAF, was founded in 1886 and is currently headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey. GAF is the most fully integrated roofing manufacturer in the United States, with more than 3,000 employees in 29 plants across the country.
Stay Dry Roofing
Orange County, California
Request A FREE roof estimate now! 24/7 Hour Emergency Roofing Service.
•Roof Inspections •Roof Estimates •Roof Repairs •Roof Installation
All information and images credited to GAF.com